Several participants completed a survey as a means to provide feedback after the program.
Below you will find some of the key takeaways from the simulation experience.
What is your overall impression of the simulation?
- Easy-to-use, creates real world scenarios, good visual reports and charts
- A very exciting, to-the-point simulation. competitive & dynamic, nice addition with the digital marketing [tool], [it] adds value
- Real competition between the different groups
- Nice tool, logical, easy-to-navigate
- Easy to work with, good visuals
- Interesting and fun!
- Complex, well-programmed, lots of variables, challenging
Lessons learned from the simulation
- Competitive analysis and anticipation is critical
- Customer input is needed to get the best strategy for the target industry
- Communication plan will help drive revenue and can allow you to command a higher price
- Like chess [you must] play 3 moves ahead, but with end game in mind
- Action and counter actions are needed everyday.
- Promotion & sales needs to be aligned with digital experience
- New market developments
- Dynamics in positioning, planning ahead for competitor response
- Understanding the cause and effect of R&D, marketing and positioning
What were the most positive elements of the simulation?
- Competition with groups!
- [The structure of the simulation] faciliated a logical progression in the data analysis
- The [amount of] data available and charts/tools
- Very close to reality
- [The] review afterwards to show impact of actions
- Teamwork as a group working through the challenges
- Debriefing and market views, forecasting not aligning with reality so as to force you to plan on your own